Kia Ora Koutou Parents,
I wish to advise that I been offered and accepted the position of Principal of John Paul College in Rotorua effective from Term Three, 2022.
This has been a difficult family decision.  This chapter of our lives over the last five years in Whanganui have been amazing.  Cullinane College is a highly successful school; we are recognised not only locally but nationally as an extremely high achieving school with great community support.

It is with pride that I am able to look back on my time here at Cullinane College.  The school is in a strong position with great staffing, enrolment growth and an enviable learning environment.  What is more, the heart of the college is strong.  We are a genuinely Christ centred community where students’ faith journey is cherished.
The Board of Trustees will shortly begin the process of recruiting a new Principal.  This is an exciting time and I am confident that the reputation of Cullinane College will draw in a strong field of candidates.  It is an opportunity for a new a leader to come in and build upon the great mahi being done here.

On a personal note, on behalf of my wife, Nicola, children Grace, Joshua and Sophie, I wish to express my enormous gratitude for your support of us in this community. We will depart Cullinane College with a sense of joy and pride.

Mo te Aroha ki te Atua, kia Oranga, Kia Akonga!  For the love of God, Life and Learning.

Yours in Christ,
Justin Harper
Principal

From the Board of Trustees
As a Board, and on behalf of the school community, I’d like to extend our thanks and congratulations to Justin and Nicola for their enormous contribution to our Catholic schools and
community. This is an exciting new opportunity for them and we wish the Harper family all the best.

Since taking on the leadership of the college Justin has grown and shaped Cullinane College into a high performing school, grounded strongly in Marist and Josephite values. The College’s
reputation in the arts, sports and exceptional academic performance reflects the commitment and
priority it has been given within the leadership of the school.

While Justin will be quick to acknowledge the support and hard of work from the school’s Senior Leadership Team, committed teaching and support staff and the Board, no one would dispute the exceptional and visionary leadership Justin has provided to the College. Justin leaves the College and wider faith community in an incredibly strong position to recruit a new Principal, who will benefit from the capable leadership and excellent teachers he has fostered in our school.

Congratulations Justin!  We wish you, Nicola and your family the very best for your move to Rotorua.
Sandy D Cuff
Board Chair